hot bliggety blog background

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Irritable Uterus?

OK I know it sounds weird, but Irritable Uterus is a very real condition....and I have it.

I'm a little discouraged, because now I know that I can expect the discomfort/annoyance of these FREQUENT contractions to continue throughout my remaining 18 weeks of pregnancy, but I am also relieved to know that I am NOT crazy/stupid/etc.

If you missed my recent posts about my first three births, I talked about the 'false labor' frustration in the final weeks of pregnancy with both of my sons.  The worst part of it was, as a 2nd time mom and 3rd time mom, I could not tell the difference between real labor and braxton hicks contractions.  I was hesitant to even go to the hospital when I was finally (really) ready to have the last one, because I didn't want to be told that, once again, I was wrong about what was happening with MY body.

So, while it may be harder for me to distinguish my false labor from real labor, at least this time I know I can go to the hospital as many times as I need to in the final weeks to find out if the contractions are doing anything to my cervix.  And I won't feel stupid if they tell me to go home again, because I now know I have this strange (but very real) condition.

I know that the contractions I have been having are not 'real' labor yet...aside from the fact that it is way too early, they are not regular (sometimes 4 or 5 in an hour, sometimes none for 2 or 3 hours) and they really aren't painful; just uncomfortable.

Seriously - it's real, you can google it if you don't believe me.

And if this is the only difficulty I face in this pregnancy, at my advanced age and my unhealthy weight, I would say I am definitely one LUCKY mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment