hot bliggety blog background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

7 months old

I know I keep saying this, but I honestly don't know WHERE the time goes! 

Bobblehead is now 7 months old, and he cut his first tooth last week.  He also celebrated his first Easter, and tried his first 'real' table food this week.

I've been giving him some store-bought baby food and making what I can at home (peas, carrots, green beans, and apples are all SUPER easy to steam, then throw in the blender).  I freeze the homemade babyfood in an ice cube tray, then throw the cubes into ziplock baggies in the freezer, so I can always just thaw out a little at a time as needed.  Last night we had chicken, pasta, & green beans for dinner, so I just threw some of each of those into a separate pan to cook a little longer, then dumped the mushy mixture into my blender, and VOILA!  Pasta puree for baby.  Yum. Actually it was pretty gross, since his didn't get any seasonings, but he liked it!  Pretty soon he will literally be eating off my plate.

Speaking of which, I may start losing weight FAST if he keeps being so 'grabby'.  I am on the curious baby diet for now....which means I can only eat whatever I can safely keep away from baby, or can safely SHARE with baby.  That means no more ho-ho's, for one thing; and no more going back for seconds - baby won't let me! 

Here are some recent photos of Bobblehead:


HA HA HA Pruneface!


Thankfully he cleans up pretty well. :)



Chilling with Daddy (usually he holds his own remote just like Daddy - but Bobblehead's remote is from our old t.v. box, and doesn't actually work)

Wearling his new sunglasses - COOL, man!

1 comment: